September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month
Please join us in our campaign to raise awareness and understanding of blood cancers!
September sees the return of our annual campaign to mark Blood Cancer Awareness Month. For 203, we have partnered with a number of local councils and we will see their civic buildings lit in red on the 1st of the month. Here is a list of the councils that are taking part:
- Antrim & Newtownabbey
- Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon
- Causeway Coast & Glens
- Derry City & Strabane
- Fermanagh & Omagh
- Mid Ulster
- Newry, Mourne & Down
If you are in any of these boroughs or districts, we would love it if you’d take a photo of your civic building and tag us in it on social media!
We are also running our ‘Snap & Share’ campaign in 2023 – it aims to highlight the often very vague symptoms of blood cancers. Look out for our banners in a range of locations across Northern Ireland.
We also have 2 A5 leaflet designs – 1 that highlights symptoms and 1 that introduces the work of the charity. If you are interested in distributing these leaflets in your local area, please get in touch.
How can you get involved in Blood Cancer Awareness Month?
- Make a donation here.
- Request an LLNI ‘Home Box’ for free here.
- Email email@example.com to request a copy of our Blood Cancer Awareness Month Info Pack.
- Get involved in an LLNI sponsored walk this September – click here for info.
- Sign up to our Europa Hotel abseil – click here for info.
- Sign up to one of our virtual events – click here for info.
- Host a fundraising event or a Big Red Tea Party – click here to request a fundraising pack.
- Join our mailing list here.
- Make an appointment to donate blood – more info here.
- Register to join the stem cell donor register – visit DKMS or Anthony Nolan.
- Request a supply of symptom leaflets, for distribution in your local area – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share our campaign with businesses, clubs, societies etc and ask them to get involved.
Join our social media campaign!
We are inviting everyone to join our mission to raise awareness and understanding of blood cancers! Get involved:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- We will be posting daily content throughout September; please like and comment on our content and share it to your own pages and stories.
- Please take pictures of your local civic buildings lit in red on the 1st Sept and tag us in your posts online.
- Use the hastags #BCAM2023 #BCAMLLNI #bloodcancerawarenessmonth and #beatingbloodcancerthroughresearch
- We can send you a social media pack, which includes visuals and blurbs so you can schedule your own posts.
- We can send you a template press release and photos, should you wish to contact your local newspapers.